Learn how to master the interview process and get job offers pouring in
"The Complete Job Interview Guidebook"
Senior Relationship Manager | LinkedIn
"If you are looking for a step forward in your career, this is your man. With good suggestions and clear instructions, Paddy helped me update my CV and LinkedIn profile. Not just with the content, but with formatting and keyword optimising my materials. After those changes, for the first time in my life, big companies started contacting me proactively - I could not believe it! Before contacting Paddy, I was honestly sceptical about these kinds of services, but after a few weeks - I signed a job contract for +60% more than my previous salary. I wish I met him earlier!"
Compliance Operations Analyst | Novi (cw) at Facebook (Meta)
"Paddy coached me to land my current role. We worked on interview preparation and role-played various interview scenarios and potential questions. He also introduced me to a number of highly effective techniques for building my interview confidence. I had failed previously in landing a new role and decided to go to Paddy for advice. This advice changed how I see and approach job interviews. I would highly recommend his career coaching services."
Business Dev Lead | Amazon Web Services (AWS)
"Paddy's coaching was a key reason I got my current job at Amazon Web Services. He is an exceptional communicator and has a very professional approach when it comes to coaching, tailoring CVs and conducting interview preparation sessions. Paddy added immense value to my job search. Along with his positive attitude, he went above and beyond his call of duty to help me get the job I wanted at Amazon. I would definitely recommend Paddy and his coaching services."
Senior Account Director - Talent Solutions | LinkedIn
"What can I say? Paddy is the real deal. He understands what will get your CV into the hands of hiring managers. His formula is designed to ensure that the company that you are applying for can quickly make a decision to qualify you in or out. He teaches you to remove the fluff and write truthful CV copy that is designed to get you that role that you are looking for. Not only that, but he will teach you how to perform well in interviews. You can be the best person in the world at your job, but if you aren't good at interviews it will be your Achilles heel. Paddy, thank you for all you have done to help me."
QC Microbiology Specialist |
Bristol Myers Squibb
"If you ever struggle with getting a dream job, writing a CV, getting ready for an interview or how to ask for a raise, use Paddy's guides and CV templates. His advice is in line with current trends and helped me find my dream job right after finishing undergrad. By preparing for the interview using his very detailed guide I was ready and confident to answer all the questions. I got a job offer 4 days after the first interview. It works! Thank you Paddy."
Recruitment Specialist | CPL - Enterprise Solutions
"Couldn't recommend Paddy enough. I gave him my background, what I was looking for, and all the information he needed to build me a 5-star CV which landed me a job in the industry I wanted, and even more so, with the largest recruitment agency in Ireland. Thanks Paddy!"
Permit Coordinator | MSD Ireland / Merck & Co.
"Paddy helped me so much go from my first job to a much more senior position. With Paddy's career services, I landed so many interviews and even had my choice of offers presented to me. Paddy really helped me get ahead in life and I am so grateful. He was always there for me as I progressed into second-stage interviews. He answered all my questions when I really needed help. Thanks so much, I am forever grateful."
Product Business Partner | TikTok
"I availed of almost every Paddy Jobsman offer. From CV writing service, interview tips and tricks to salary negotiation. I'd also DM'd a couple of times with questions. When I say that I would not be starting my new job on Monday without all of his resources I am not exaggerating. I am going into a job that has almost doubled my salary and benefits. I could not be more thankful and could not recommend Paddy Jobsman more!"
Table of contents
Section 1: Strategy
- Mindset: Eliminating interview nerves
- Understanding the company's needs
- Delivering exceptional answers
- How to establish trust
- How to predict what questions will get asked
- Non-verbal communication
- De-risk yourself
- Game day guidance
- Conversation starters
- Asking questions
- End of interview
- How to put yourself in a league of your own
- Following up
- Considering offers
- Accepting offers
- Rejecting offers
- Leveraging job offers
- Leaving your job
- Numerical, cognitive and personality tests
- Remote / online interviews
- Working with recruiters
- Green and red flags
- Important reminders
Section 2: Handling problematic questions
- What to do if you’re lacking experience?
- What to do if you don’t know the answer to a question?
- Talking about the elephant in the room
- Employment gaps
- Dropped out of college
- What to do if you held multiple jobs over a short period of time?
- Returning from self-employment
- Lack of education
Section 3: Guidelines & answers for the most common interview questions
- “Tell us about yourself?”
- “Why did you apply for this job?”
- “What is your understanding of this role?”
- “Why do you want to work at this company?”
- “How will you add value to this company?”
- “Why should we hire you?”
- “What makes you unique?”
- “What’s your biggest strength?”
- “What’s your biggest weakness?”
- “Why did you leave your last job?”
- “Why are you looking for a new job now?”
- “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”
- “What are your interests outside of work?”
Section 4: Competency / Behavioural Interview Questions
- How to answer competency-based questions
- Guidelines and sample answers for the following competency/behavioural-based questions:
- “Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something you had never done before. How did you react? What did you learn?”
- “Tell me about a time when you came up with an innovative new idea or strategy?”
Management and Leadership
- “Can you share an example of how you were able to motivate a coworker or your team?”
- “Describe a situation when you faced a problem at work. How did you solve it?”
- “Describe a time when you had to persuade a coworker or manager?”
- “Tell me about a challenging client-facing situation and how you handled it?”
Conflict in the workplace (Conflict Management)
- “How do you handle conflict in the workplace?”
- “Tell me about the toughest decision you had to make in the last six months?”
- “What was your biggest failure?”
- “Tell me about a time when you were not able to meet a time commitment or deadline?”
- “Provide an example of a time you worked as part of a team to reach a specific objective?”